Monday, 27 July 2026

27/07/2026

A 45 minute sea watch early this morning showed n improvement on the last few mornings.
Next was the ARC where my first Common Snipe of the Autumn was feeding at the back, 3 Great White Egrets and a single Dunli with 3 Common Sandpipers.
After breakfast I cycled out to Scotney complex and around the farm, where yesterdays Curlew Sandpiper was still present though somewhat distant, likewise 10 Avocet, 12 Dunlin, 2 Black-tailed Godwits and 12 Dunlin, a Green Sandpiper and at lest 6 Common Sandpipers, around the fields the usual Yellow wagtails and Tree Sparrows.
It was a pleasant surprise to go to the reserve late afternoon and find a Little Stint at Firth my first of the autumn associating with 2 Dunlin and a Turnstone, also 2  Black-tailed Godwits there. A few minutes later a juvenile Black Tern appeared also my first of the Autumn.
Little Stint (right) with 2 Dunlin at Firth
Little Stint at Firth
                                                    Little Stint (right) with 2 Dunlin over Burrowes
 
Juvenile Black Tern over Burrowes
Juvenile Black Tern with Common Terns at Firth
Black-tailed Godwit at Firth
Polish Ringed Black-headed Gull at Firth, I also recorded this bird in August 2023 and August 2024
When I got back from my cycle ride around Scotney early afternoon I found this lovely Striped Hawkmoth on my hedge 

No comments:

Post a Comment