Friday 15 December 2023

15/12/2023

4 Whooper Swans at the southern end of the New Diggings early this morning
As I drove over the causeway on my way to the sea watch hide this morning I spotted 4 Whooper Swans at the southern end of The New Diggings, presumably the Walland Marsh birds roosted there last night. They were out at Midley late morning with 44 Bewick Swans per RW.
After yesterdays entertaining sea watch, with very still conditions this mornings watch was a very dull affair.
The 3 Amigos are still frequenting their favoured puddle opposite the horse paddocks 
Some of the c3,500 Golden Plover at Scotney today 
I walked from Pigwell to the Sussex end of Scotney and back today, it seems churlish to say it was disappointing with 1,000s Golden Plover, Lapwing, Starlings, Wigeon and of course feral Geese there, but I was disappointed that I was unable to find any wild Geese or scarce wildfowl.
On Burrowes late afternoon 2 Great Northern Divers and the Black-throated Diver were present. I joined RW in a wander around to to Christmas Dell just to see how the works there was progressing, it has certainly opened up the vista but difficult to say to much as much of the work appears to be underwater, due to the very high water levels on the reserve, certainly they are the highest I can recall seeing.
Black-headed Gull TJVV at the fishing boats early afternoon in a very short visit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment