Monday 28 June 2021

28/06/2021

Sea fog rolling up the bund  between the sea watch hide and Patch hide this morning
Another very dull and damp morning at Dungeness, on the up side the moth trap was bulging though not a great deal of quality in it, a Shore Wainscot which is just about annual in my trap, 98 Xylostellas and 6 Privet Hawk Moths among the among the many usual suspects.
As the sun came out this afternoon I thought I'd have look at Dengemarsh for the Norfolk Hawker that was seen on Saturday, a Mediterranean Gull was on the new flood at Springfield Bridge caused by yesterday afternoons and evenings biblical down pour. After an hours searching I spotted a likely candidate being harassed by an Emperor Dragonfly, fortunately the Hawker landed quite close to me showing off its green eyes.
Mediterranean Gull in the flooded field at Dengemarsh this afternoon 
Norfolk Hawker at Dengemarsh this afternoon

                                          Norfolk Hawker at Dengemarsh this afternoon

Male Four-spotted Chaser at Dengemarsh this afternoon
1of 6 Privet Hawk Moths in the trap this morning
Shore Wainscot, just about annual in my trap
 

No comments:

Post a Comment