Monday 8 March 2021

08/03/2021

As there was virtually no wind early this morning I decided against a sea watch, fortunately AJG did watch and kindly sent me his totals. 06:30-08:30
Brent Goose: 3E
Common Scoter: 210E
Red-throated Diver: 252E
Great-crested Grebe: 6E
Gannet: 464E
Oystercatcher: 4E
Sandwich Tern: 11E
Guillemot: 36 on
Auk sp: 247E
GlossyIbis at Cook's Pool this morning
A long walk around the ARC back across the causeway then all around the reserve produced of note my first booming Bittern of the year, nice views of the seemingly resident Glossy Ibis, 6 Goldeneye, c100 White-fronts, 4 Chiffchaffs, a Firecrest, several Bearded Tits and the usual Marsh Harriers, Egrets and Wildfowl.
This afternoon I walked out to the back of Scotney where there were 7 species of Geese, the Little Owl hiding in the pallets, 2 Ravens, 2 Great Egrets and at least 4 Marsh Harriers. I constantly scanned the lakes here and on the reserve but saw no Sand Martins. Despite no visit to the sea I managed to rack up a respectable 77 species.

Goldeneye from the New Diggings causeway
The Russian White-front flock at the back of Dengemarsh still today
Grey Heron at Hookers
Raven at Scotney
Greenfinch with Scaly Feet on my feeder at lunchtime
 

No comments:

Post a Comment