Friday 11 December 2020

11/12/2020

 No early morning sea watch for this morning as I was feeling a little under the weather, I'm pleased to say I'm OK now.
CP watched from 07.30-09.00 from the fishing boats and kindly sent me his sightings:
Brent Goose: 1E
Wigeon: 4W
Common Scoter: 3W
Red-throated Diver: 11W   3E
Gannet: 80-100 feeding o/s
Cormorant: 1,500+ feeding o/s
Great Skua: 1W
Kittiwake: 128W
Mediterranean Gull: 5W   3E
Caspian Gull: 1 around
Sandwich Tern: 9W parties of 7 & 2
Guillemot: 680W
Razorbill: 210W
Auk sp: 180W
Mid morning Alan Pavey and Steve Message found a Dusky Warbler at the ARC, in the same place that Halimodendri Lesser Whitethroat was photographed on Tuesday. While I was looking for the Lesser Whitethroat I got a glimpse of Warbler that rang alarm bells but it disappeared and I didn't think of it again as I was after the Lesser Whitethroat, when I saw Steves WhatsApp message I could have kicked myself.
Dusky Warbler at the ARC this afternoon
The Black-throated Diver is still on the ARC, also a couple of Goldeneye. In the field in front my house there were at least 127 Greater White-fronted Geese, butI haven't seen the Whooper Swans for the last 2 days, they presumably have relocated back to Hooks Wall.
At Scotney the Scaup is still on the main lake and the Long-tailed Duck is on the lake to the east of the causeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment