Wednesday 8 July 2020

Wednesday 08/07/2020

Treecreeper in the lighthouse garden yesterday
This Treecreeper is probably the rarest bird I've seen on the peninsular so far this year, I think it is only the 3rd one I have seen in the last 10 years against at least 7 Short-toed Treecreepers. I was very lucky to get this image of this very elusive bird as it only sat for a millisecond in the open, usually it was only being seen as it flew between the Sycamore and the Pine. Mondays Melodious Warbler was even more elusive, I only saw that once, again for just a millisecond.  
Black-winged Stilt on the ARC last night 
The Black-winged Stilt is now into it's 3rd week at the ARC and can be surprisingly elusive when it roosts in the Purple Loosestrife. A Greenshank was new in last night and 2 Great White Egrets were present. The sea continues to be quiet but hopefully will get better in the next few days. 
At last UPS have mailed me to say they are delivering my Canon 1DX MK11 sometime today. After being without for the last 3 weeks having sent it off for some much needed TLC. The backup 7D MK11 just doesn't even come close to the performance of the 1DX MK11.
1 of 2 Great White Egrets present yesterday evening
My daily snap of the Black-winged Stilt taken mid afternoon
15.50-17.00 from the fishing boats:
Common Scoter: 37E
Gannet: 4E  23W
Cormorant: 3 o/s
Great Skua: 1W
Kittiwake: 1W
Mediterranean Gull: 9W
Common Tern: 26 o/s
Grey Seal: 1
Harbour Porpoise: 2
With the winds settled in the West the MV has produced little of note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment