Thursday 30 April 2020

Thursday 30/04/2020

I woke up to the rain battering on the window at just after 05.00, after 10 minutes I made myself get up. By the time I'd had my coffee the rain had stopped but the wind was blowing, so I braved the weather and walked down to Dengemarsh. On the way the resident Yellow Wagtails and Wheatears were seen, the camera was kept i the bag though as the rain had started again. The first of several Cuckoos was at Hookers, also Sedge, Reed and Cetti's Warblers, Common and Lesser Whitethroats, Reed Buntings and a Chiffchaff were all seen but all were very subdued in the strong wind, the Bittern was very half hearted in its booming. Common Terns were shrieking high overhead, Gadwall, Shoveler, Teal, Pochard and Mallard all seemed to be flying around between the lakes. Lapwings, Redshanks and Oystercatchers were chasing anything that had the temerity to go near their nest sites, even Whimbrel and Bar-tailed Godwits weren't immune to there attacks. Mostly today was a hard slog and I found nothing new. Tomorrows another day and just maybe.....
 Cuckoo fly past








 Gadwall
 Lapwing

 Shoveler
 Whimbrel
Whimbrel, Bar-tailed Godwit & Oystercatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment