Friday 24 April 2020

Friday 24/04/2020

 As I neared Dengemarsh at dawn a Bittern started booming, if the breeze had been a little more southerly I would have heard it from the garden, the local Buzzards were already calling to one another, 2 Cuckoo's were singing as well as all the Warblers and Tits, but it was a Song Thrush that drew my attention, I stood watching and listening to it for a full ten minutes as it belted out its lovely song. Once again over the wet grass the Redshanks and Lapwing were chasing and displaying noisily,  a Common Snipe was again drumming over Boulderwall Fields, several stratospheric Common Terns went over, but only a handful of Swallows.
 A Song Thrush in full song welcoming me to Dengemarsh this morning
The scrub around the reed beds is now full of singing of Sedge Warblers
 Common Whitethroats are singing and displaying all over Dengemarsh

 A Cetti's Warbler sitting in the open but refusing to sing for me until he was hidden
 This female Reed bunting was collecting sheep wool for its nest
 A beautiful subtle pink breasted cock Linnet
Female Wheatear 
Just some of the c60 Bar-tailed Godwits that passed over my house today, along with 14 Whimbrel and a record for me of c220 Mediterranean Gulls over.

No comments:

Post a Comment